Saturday, 2 February 2008

'English Revolution and Utopia' Handout

Good evening Utopians,

Enclosed, here, is a link to the webpage where you can download the notes for my little presentation on the English Revolution and Utopias. I do wish to offer a sincere apology for any lethargic side-effects caused by the monotonous recital of my notes - I always get irritated by boring presentations but can never come up with something better myself. I'm still working on it.

Nonetheless, I hope it provided a decent example of a link between Utopian thought and historical developments in the society in which these thoughts were conceived.

Go to http://www.mediafire.com/?08owgggtybm to download the notes. I've never tried to offer a file to download like this before, so let me know if it doesn't work.

Olly.

1 comment:

Sarah Rees Jones said...

thanks. That is quite a website! (or maybe the random advertisement chosen for my visit was just unfortunate). I really like the way that you refer to the authors - indicating the reading that you found helpful. That is really useful. DNB is a great resource. I have added another link to it.

Winstanley is another author who interests me because his background and purpose is not a self-consciously elite intellectual (classical humanist)one - and he obviously draws on his life experiences in London and the surrey countryside.